Below you can find the official regulations we use for this trip. Note that the text below is not binding. Should you be selected to be a participant, you will be required to sign a formal, binding contract outlining your rights and responsibilities.
- The excursion to Chile and Argentina will start no earlier than April 19th, 2019 and will end no later than June 2nd, 2019. The former of these (to be determined) dates will be called "the commencement of the excursion." The date and length of the excursion are not confirmed yet; once they are, we will make this clear to all Applicants.
- The organization of the excursion is in the hands of a committee of the Stiching GBE-FMF. This committee is called "Lejano," and otherwise also known as the organizing committee.
- The "Huishoudelijk Reglement" (i.e. the general rules) of the Stichting GBE-FMF can be found in the FMF room, or online through your MyFMF "My Drive." Rules pertaining to you, as the (prospective) participant, are mentioned specifically in articles 3 (three) and 4 (four).
- The points mentioned under "Official Regulations" may be amended at any time, and the amendments are at the full discretion of the Stichting GBE-FMF and/or the organizing committee.
- The organizing committee may be contacted at any point at email firstname.lastname@example.org; the Stichting GBE-FMF may be contacted at email@example.com.
- There will be 27 (twenty seven) Participants in this excursion. Five of these places are reserved for the members of the organizing committee, and two are reserved for the accompanying staff members of the University of Groningen.
- Those who are interested in the trip should sign up in the Google form listed under the tab "Sign Up." Signing up for the excursion through said Google form is an indication that you are willing to join the trip - with the responsibilities this entails - and will make you an Applicant, which is not a Participant. The applications close at October 6th, 23:59.
- Participation in the excursion (due to the involved case studies; see below) is at the full discretion of the organizing committee.
- Should you be selected as a Participant, you will be asked to sign a formal, binding contract.
- A Participant shall be a regular member of the FMF at the time of the commencement of the excursion.
- A Participant shall have obtained at least 120 ECTS in courses followed at the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) of the University of Groningen prior to starting the required case study, or otherwise three months prior to the commencement of the excursion.
- It is expected of the Participant that during the excursion - as well as during relevant activities leading up to the excursion (such as the case study) - they will follow the directions of the organizing committee, and respect the committee's judgments.
- The case study is an integral part of the GBE. Should you be unwilling to complete a case study, do not sign up for the trip; no other form of compensation, financial or otherwise, will be accepted.
- The organizing committee has full discretion over whom she chooses to assign case studies to, and to whom specific case studies are assigned.
- After signing up, the organizing committee will search for and try to provide you with an appropriate case study.
- The case study is scheduled to take 120 hours. You will be asked to keep track of the hours you worked on the case study, for example by means of a (digital) logbook.
- Your case study needs to be completed before the commencement of the excursion, unless an exception has been made by the committee.
- Should your case study be completed with insufficient quality - which is at the discretion of the organizing committee and the third party from which the case study originates - this will have to be compensated for.
- The excursion will cost a maximum of €999 (nine hundred and ninety nine euros) that needs to be contributed by the participant.
- The €999 figure mentioned above is only for those participants who are also members of the NNV (Nederlandse Natuurkundige Vereniging). Should you not be a member of the NNV, you will pay up to €100 (one hundred euros) more than those are.
- The participant will have to have paid the full amount by, at the latest, a to be determined date before the commencement of the excursion. The organizing committee will determine the aforementioned date, and make it known to the participants in due time.
- The full amount may be paid in a maximum of two installments, should the participant find this desirable. In this case, both installments will have to be paid before said to be determined date before the commencement of the excursion.